Why We’re Different
1. We are real, live, breathing humans, making your products, packing your orders, answering your questions and solving your problems. We do not use any A.I. technology.
2. Our work ethic is GenX strong. When we are at work, 100% of our time and attention is focused on our customers (first) and products (second).
3. We aren’t on social media because we believe a personal touch is a much better experience than hashtags, filters and FOMO. Our customers are our “influencers”.
4. We love saving you money, so we offer monthly BOGO sales.
5. We keep it real. No exaggerated claims or promises about what our products can do. It’s skincare, not surgery.
6. We offer no hassle returns. If something doesn’t work for you, simply let us know within 30 days, and we’ll refund your money and part friends.
7. Our products are created in small batches without harmful chemicals, fragrance or dyes. We use ethically sourced, non-gmo ingredients. The difference is like fast food vs. a home cooked meal.
8. The entire line was created for sensitive skin, so you’ll never have to worry about burning, itching or redness when applying our products.
9. No greenwashing: The practice of adding the minimum amount of an active ingredient to be able to use the marketing claims. Our formulas contain generous amounts of active ingredients so you notice the difference in your skin.
10. Customer service is not just a “department”, it’s the entire cornerstone of our business. We value your time, intelligence and your privacy.
Hello. I’m Jennifer Devlin Waller, Founder of Celtic Complexion.
As a former Beauty Director for Nordstrom, I spent many years in the prestige beauty market doing makeup events all over the country.
I had access to every high-end brand, but found the hype of a product is built around a launch, a celebrity endorsement or other media-driven spectacle, not necessarily the efficacy of a product.
On top of that, all of the products supposedly designed for my skin type (sensitive skin with rosacea) never worked as promised and often times they made it worse.
A chance encounter with a holistic esthetician changed my life forever. She educated me on what I was putting on my skin, and why these products were so irritating. It was a complete eye opener, and it was also the exact opposite of everything I had been taught by the cosmetic industry.
Her advice to me was to go on a skincare and makeup diet, eliminate every single jar of chemical-laden goop I was using, and simply use natural plant oils on my skin. Honestly, I thought she was crazy, but I had nothing to lose. I followed her advice, and to my amazement, my skin never looked so good. That experience was so profound, because for the first time in my life, my skin started to look normal.
I decided to leave the retail beauty industry, go back to school to become an esthetician and for the next ten years, I devoured everything I could about holistic, natural ingredients and lifestyle. At first, I was just making products for myself, but when people took notice, I began making them for others. During this period, I perfected the formulas on my clients, and on St. Patrick’s Day 2011 we officially launched Celtic Complexion to the public.
You may have noticed the sense of humor infused on our website, and that’s because you must have a sense of humor about aging.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously because, at the end of the day, we’re just happy to be healthy and doing what we love – everything on top of that is gravy.