A lotion gentle enough for the face and body.
- Rated “Excellent” by the Environmental Working Group Guide to Sunscreens
- UVA/UVB Broad spectrum protection
- Made with 9 ingredients
- Very Water Resistant
- Mineral based non-nano 25% zinc oxide
- Chemical free, reef safe
Zinc oxide is an excellent sunscreen because it has the broadest UV protective spectrum and cannot be absorbed into your blood, unlike all the petroleum-based sunscreen chemicals.
Zinc oxide comes from a mineral (a rock) found in the earth. The rock is ground down to a fine powder and mixed with other ingredients to turn it into a creme. A rock is dense material. Its sole purpose is to remain on the surface of the skin and act like a mirror, to reflect away the sun’s rays.
Zinc Oxide is a white pigment, which can turn skin white depending upon how much is applied and how dark your skin is naturally. In order for it to spread evenly and easily, your skin must be exfoliated and moisturizer prior to application. We recommend using a loofah or exfoliating gloves in the shower, then moisturize your skin before applying sunscreen.
- Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure to all skin exposed to the sun.
- Re-apply at least every 2 hours.
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating.
- For children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging.
To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Llimit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
“I love the Celtic Complexion Organic Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin SPF 32! It is perfect for my sensitive skin. I have always had difficulty finding a sunscreen that will stay on and be effective during these hot and humid months. I tend to glisten a lot to put it delicately. I used this sunscreen for the first time this summer and avoided the dreaded burn, pain and peeling. So thrilled with this excellent product!”
– Margie Jones