This review was published by Chickweed & Blush
Since I trust that everything Stephanie recommends will be awesome, and after reading up on it, I knew I needed to try this brand!!
What makes this brand so special, you ask?
Well, first of all, each product is lovingly and thoughtfully hand made using the purest and highest quality of ingredients – which also happen to be wild crafted, certified organic, kosher and raw vegan.
Secondly, not only does founder and owner Jennifer Devlin Waller truly understand skin issues, having suffered from rosacea since her 20’s, she uses her experience to create amazingly effective products that work to heal those issues. Honestly, since using her products, my skin has never been more calm, nourished, and glowy. Oh, and did I mention? She’s drop-dead gorgeous to boot! You would never know that this lovely lady ever experienced something like rosacea!
Jennifer was kind enough to send me the Love Your Skin Travel Kit and I’d like to share not only what products came in it, but also why they are so darn spectacular!
“Organic skincare made with the finest raw ingredients that have been safely used for centuries, and once available only to wealthy aristocrats, and traded like gold…”
1) Coconut Creme Cleanser – This rich, decadent cleanser made me a cream cleanser convert in just one use! From the scent to the texture to the way it makes my skin feel after rinsing it off, I am completely hooked. You only need a dime sized amount to remove make-up and impurities, and if your skin is feeling a tad on the dry side, Jennifer suggests first applying a bit of raw coconut oil before using the cleanser for extra hydration. I think it is safe to say that I see myself entering into a long term relationship with this cleanser!
Price – $39.95
Ingredients – Organic aloe juice, organic coconut oil, organic green tea extract, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, certyl palmitate, organic olive oil, xanthan gum, palm stearic acid, essential oils of ylang ylang, lavender, rosewood, tangerine and bergamont.
2) Gentle Creme Exfoliant – Micro-sized Jojoba beads provide gentle exfoliation that even the most delicate skin will appreciate. With oils like Coconut, Olive, and Avocado to nourish and hydrate, Aloe to soothe and Rooibos Tea Extract to provide powerful anti-oxidant benefits, this creamy exfoliant pampers and softens skin like none I have ever tried.
Price – $39.95
Ingredients – Organic aloe vera juice, organic coconut oil, organic rooibos tea extract, emulsifying wax, vegetable glycerin, organic olive oil, palm stearic acid, jojoba beads, organic jojoba oil, avocado oil, witch hazel, vitamin E, xanthan gum, black willow bark, rosemary extract, neem oil, essential oils of ylang ylang, lavender, rosewood, tangerine and bergamont.
3) Calming Serum – This serum is perfect for those who are super sensitive, acne prone, suffering from rosacea or even sun burn. Created with the most healing and soothing essential oils as well as the richest sources of essential fatty acids, this serum works to reduce redness, inflammation, and sensitivity, while bathing the skin in vital nutrients. As someone who is acne prone, this has definitely helped to keep breakouts and redness at bay!
Price – $69.95 or $12 (travel size)
Ingredients – Fractionated coconut oil, German chamomile oil, neroli oil, lavender oil, evening primrose oil, borage seed oil.
4) Youth Infusion 7 High Potency Serum – There is a reason why this serum is considered to be the crown jewel of the Celtic Complexion skincare collection – it’s bottled perfection, plain and simple. Containing rare and precious essential oils like Indian Sandalwood, Frankincense, Indian Rose and Bulgarian Rose, skin is rejuvenated and transformed at the cellular level. The sweet scent of rose both uplifts and calms my senses and my skin feels so amazingly pampered when I use this. Though I’ve only been using a trial size, and I know the full size will provide greater benefits, I still feel my skin has improved in this short amount of time. If anything, it is calmer, and much more hydrated, which in turn makes it look younger!
Price – $97.50 or $17 (travel size)
Ingredients – Fractionated coconut oil, carrot seed oil, Indian rose oil, Indian sandalwood oil, frankincense oil, borage seed oil, evening primrose oil, Bulgarian rose oil.
5) Vida de Fleur Liquid Moisturizer – Thicker than the other serums, this “liquid moisturizer” is the one to reach for when your skin is feeling particularly thirsty. It contains Squalane oil (from vegetarian sources of course!) which helps to hydrate as well as balance skin, making this perfect for my oily yet dry complexion. Use under the Celtic Complexion Creme for an even bigger moisture boost.
Price – $69.95 or $23 (travel size)
Ingredients – Squalane oil (derived from vegetarian sources), evening primrose oil, jasmine grandiflorum, jasmine sambac.
6) Celtic Complexion Creme – Ok, I’ll admit that I was a little worried that this moisturizer was going to be a bit too heavy for me when I first heard about it. However, even though this is super concentrated (as it doesn’t contain water), it imparts just the right amount of moisture as well as absorbing deeply into skin without any kind of greasy feel. My skin was left soft, and glowing and just plain radiant from using this! I also love that I need only a teensy, teensy amount to make my skin look so good!
Price – $69.95 or $18 (travel size)
Ingredients – Certified organic shea butter, certified organic raw coconut oil, certified golden jojoba oil, certified organic vegetable glycerin oil, vanilla extract, carrot seed oil, sandalwood oil, grapefruit oil, tea tree oil.
7) Tinted Moisturizer SPF 31 in Light – What I love about this product, besides that it provides non-toxic broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, is that the coverage is adjustable depending on how you apply it. I like to apply this with my (clean) fingertips for full coverage, but if you prefer a more medium or sheer look you can use a foundation brush or beauty blender. I also love the color, which is the perfect light neutral for my skin. It blends seamlessly and doesn’t feel heavy or greasy, but since my skin has a tendency to become shiny during the day, I do use a mineral or setting powder over this. This has become another “can’t live without” product for me!
Price – $59.95 or $15 (travel size)
Ingredients – 25% zinc oxide, artesian spring water, cert. organic organic jojoba oil, cert organic extra virgin olive oil, organic shea butter, vegetable glycerin, vegetable emulsifying wax, vegetable vitamin e, iron oxide.
8) Lip Balm – I was also sent a lip balm, and though it is not listed as part of the kit and I couldn’t seem to find it on the website, I wanted to share it as well. As a bona fide lip balm fiend, I actually did a little happy dance when I saw this in my kit. Sad, maybe, but I don’t care. This little lip treat deserves a happy dance. Flavored with the refreshing coolness of peppermint combined with the tangy citrus of lemongrass, plus the nourishing oils of Hempseed and Grapeseed lips are left super soft and kissable.
Ingredients – beeswax, certified organic hempseed oil, grapeseed oil, evening primrose oil, calendela oil, rosemary extract, comfrey oil, cupuacu butter, vitamin E, essential oils
My overall thoughts – Jennifer clearly not only puts her heart and soul into her products, but she has created a skincare line that truly produces results. Try it for yourself and see!